Monday, August 4, 2008

Pracatice Makes Perfect?

On Saturday night Gerson and I had a treat! We got to babysit Cade Wolheter, the son of Evangelical Missionaries, James and Jenny. Jenny has been a huge support to me and I look forward to learning more about pregnancy and motherhood from her. Anyway, she and her husband wanted to take another couple out to eat, so she asked if we'd like to babysit Cade. We jumped at the chance!
When they got dropped Cade off at 7:30, I got my first lesson. They brought in a car seat, a pack and play, and a backpack. Jenny's first lesson for me: Where there is a baby, there is a lot of STUFF! The second lesson came shortly thereafter. As they were getting ready to leave, Jenny said, "His diaper if full. You can change that." Thankfully it wasn't that stinky kind!

Notice Cade's onesey. (Is that how you spell "onesey?") It says, "GOAL". Of course, Jenny did that in Gerson's honor. We took this picture when Cade was having a giggling fit. Gerson would make kissing sounds, and Cade would just giggle and giggle and giggle. Yup, he stole our hearts! It turned out to be a great evening. Cade is a sweet baby and he hardly cried at all. I even got to rock him to sleep! Gerson and I are super excited that in 5 more months we'll have our own little one!!

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I thin maybe it is onesie - - - not sure though.

Hey - - - you did on Saturday evening what we did on Sunday evening!!!! Only we did it times three.

Gerson & Betsy said...

Wow! We were doing good just having ONE! I'm glad we're starting with ONE and not with TWO or THREE!

Emily Barlow said...

He's HUGE! I can't believe how quickly babies grow. Give my love to the Wolheter's would you?

Gerson & Betsy said...

Okay, Emily! I'll try to remember. And, yes, Cade has grown a LOT. He's a wonderful baby. He didn't cry a bit when his parents left him with us. He was a JOY to watch!