Monday, August 4, 2008

Happenings

Gerson got on a bus last night for Argentina. He is headed there for a week of soccer training! He's going to be eating, sleeping, drinking, watching, and dreaming soccer! Should be a great week for him!

He called this morning from the border. He was in a long line of buses waiting for paperwork to be processed to cross over into Argentina. I trust he got in! Please pray for him this week -- for safety, for learning to take place, and for him to be a light for Christ as he will be in a professional sports/atheltics environment.

He also took the digital camera with him, so I won't have any more RECENT picture posts until he gets back. I may go through the "archives" again, though, and post some "oldies, but goodies." We'll have to see!

I'm probably going to be spending a lot of time at school this week in preparation for next Monday, which is our first day with students. I was just informed that even though I'll be working part time, I MAY get my own classroom, so I can go ahead and start decorating it. I guess it's a pretty sure thing, eh? At least it will keep me occupied while Gerson is gone! I'll keep you "posted!"

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Our school starts Monday. I have only been in there long enough to pick up my checks!!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - where are all your other commentators???? Do you think it's the "no picture" deal and I'm the only one who can READ?????

Jejejejejejejejeje

Gerson & Betsy said...

Good question! Maybe they are still on "holiday"! I'm glad you're faithful!!!! I guess I've also been lax in posting lately. No pictures, no posts. Now I've just decided to keep posting WITHOUT pictures. Maybe it's hurting my audience!

Gerson & Betsy said...

You alway did wait until the last minute to get ready. But, once you've done the same thing for several years, that's easier to do. My two classes are NEW, NEW, NEW to me; plus, I have a new classroom.