Well, folks, it´s FRIDAY! What relief!
I´ve gone through two days of school orientation and several more days of preparation for school to begin. I´m one tired lady. I got home at about 4:00 this afternoon, and I'm tuckered! The good news is that my classroom is decorated -- other than the bulletin board OUTSIDE my classroom -- and my lesson plans and course summaries are done. I've also got my photocopies run off for next week. So, all in all, I think I'm as prepared as I'm going to be! I still have to do seating charts, but I can do that at the last minute -- even with the kids in the room. I'm not too concerned about that!
Thanks for all your prayers this week. In many ways, it's been LONG. In other ways, it has flown by. I've missed my husband and I'm ready for him to come home! His sister, Cathy, came over yesterday and pampered me. I cooked tacos for us for supper (Thanks to Liz M. for giving me a packet of taco seasoning! She saved a pregnant lady from tears!) and then Cathy gave me a manicure and pedicure. Just what the doctor ordered!
Gerson is supposed to get home tomorrow night from Argentina. Please be in prayer for him as he travels through the night tonight and all day tomorrow by bus. Tonight he is attending a major league Argentine soccer game which is going to be televised. His dad is coming over to watch the game with me -- we're hoping to spot Gerson in the crowd!!! One never knows, although it is unlikely we'll spot him. We're still going to be on the lookout! After the game, he's going to rest a few hours before hopping on a bus to head back.
You know what that means, right? SOON there will be more picture posts!!!
Have a great weekend, y'all. I'm going to rest up tomorrow and then enjoy having my husband home with me on Sunday! Monday it's off to school. I plan to enjoy my last two days of "summer vacation"!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
So, did you see Gerson in the crowd at the game?
Nope. How we looked, though! He sat in the best seating, and all the cameras were above that section. So it was hard to get good shots of the people sitting there. Hence, no Gerson. :( But, on a good note, his team won!
Hope he got home o.k. Bless your heart for teaching! I admire teachers.
Hope you had a relaxing weekend and that your first day of school goes well! Don't stop the blogs when school starts - it has been great to know what is going on in your life!
OH MY WORD!!!! I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!! NancyGrayce is one of MY blogging buddies!!! Did she find you first or did you find her? You will LOVE her.
(Do you know how to click on her name to get to her blog? If not, she is the Amazing Grayce link on my blog.)
Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore.
And Betsy, this isn't Friday anymore either!!!!!
Jejejejejejejejejeje
I'm dying! How was school?
NancyGrayce found ME, Keetha! Welcome to the blog, Nancy! It's great to hear from you!
Hi Becca! I plan to keep blogging. It's just that we've had computer problems (once again), so I've gotten behind. I plan to catch up SOON!
Emily --- I have one word for you -- WEIRD. Liz and I have been discussing how WEIRD everything is this year. Won't go into details. Through all the WEIRDNESS, God has been so good and faithful. Personally, my classes are great. I LOVE the sophomore class! They are the highlight of my day!
Post a Comment