Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Training Has Begun

I was resting in my bed when I looked up and saw I had company! Mommy and Daddy had walked into the room. I was so happy to see them! Little did I know what they had in store for me.
Daddy came to me and after loving on me a little bit, gave me a pep talk. Since the occupational therapist had just left, Daddy thought it was HIS turn to help me "work out" my muscles.
We started by warming up. Daddy held my arms and helped me lift them several times. He explained that he didn't want me to pull any muscles or hurt myself. I guess warming up is VERY important before doing any kind of exercise. I'm glad my Daddy knows his stuff!
After my warm-up, Daddy put the rattle "barbells" in my hands. Whooo. It was tiring to try to lift them. Notice the soccer rattle. I think Daddy is trying to tell me something.
I soon wore myself out. Holding onto rattles and trying to lift them is hard work!
I was glad to be done with my workout. My reward was to get to cuddle with Mommy for a little bit. 
Ohhhhh. This is wonderful. I think I might just fall to sleep in Mommy's arms . . . . 

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Cute post !

Thankful for the continued positive progress in Jayden.

God bless you today and always.

Love,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Jayden continues to do well this week! Blessing to you all
Love Kim , Miguel, Kalei and Michelle

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks, Jackie, for your continued interest and prayers. Jayden is doing really well! We are thrilled!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Hi Kim! Jayden is doing amazingly well. Thanks for your continued prayers.

Keetha Broyles said...

Hmmmmm - - - I may need to see about getting him a rattle bar-bell with FOOTBALLS on it - - - REAL footballs.

:-)

Keri said...

Betsy, he is SOOO CUTE!!! And he looks more and more healthy with each day!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Keetha, the occupational therapist told the nurse today (and she passed on the info to us) that Jayden's favorite rattle is DEFINITELY the soccer one! :) Gerson is thrilled!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Keri!!! Thanks for your compliment!Of course we think he's cute, but we're his parents. However, ALL the nurses say the same thing!

Anonymous said...

Got an email from Jamie, who so faithfully keeps us posted. I love the pics...snow, ice cream, descriptions in Spanish, but best of all...Jayden. Praise God.

Gail Pontius

Gerson & Betsy said...

Hi Gail. Glad you posted a comment. We've been praying for you and your family as well. Jamie keeps me posted on all of you as well! Thanks for praying for Jayden. Hope you get to meet him (and Gerson!) before too lone.