Thursday, August 19, 2010

On The Move

Hello Dear Friends,

I just realized it has been ENTIRELY too long since I've written on here. Due to my lack of downloading pictures onto my computer, this will be an all text post. Hopefully I'll get my act together and post new pictures soon.

We have much news to share with you. First of all, we are planning on moving to McAllen, Texas, in September. We have been working with headquarters and have come up with a plan to relocate our HMA (Homeland Ministry Assignment) to Texas, where I will continue to work on gaining support for our ministry while Gerson will begin working full time in the Taylor Community Center. We are very excited about this!

Every time we have had a departure date, a pastor has contacted us and asked us to speak in their church. So, our departure date continues to change, but we're sooooo excited that God is opening more doors to minister here locally in Indiana. So, our tentative "new" departure date from Indiana is September 21 or 22. Please pray with us as we say our goodbyes, pack up our home, hold a garage sale, and travel across the country with a toddler and moving van!

The Lord has been good and we now have 62% of our monthly support raised. Please pray for our remaining 4 church meetings we have prior to moving. We would LOVE to move to Texas fully funded so I could begin right away to be in full time ministry at the center with Gerson.

On a more humorous note, our son continues to bring us much joy and laughter. Several days ago I was giving him a snack. Jayden didn't eat for the longest time after coming home from the hospital as a preemie, and now he thinks he has to make up for it. He stuffs his mouth with food! So, before I gave him more of his snack, I told him he had to "swallow." Without missing a beat, he lay down on the floor and looked up at me with pleading eyes. I was completely confused! Gerson was in the room at that time, and I looked at him, puzzled. He smiled and said, "He thinks you said 'suelo'." "Suelo" means "floor" in Spanish, and evidently when Gerson plays with Jayden, he often says 'suelo' and Jayden lies down. I laughed so hard! This showed me that our son really is on his way to being bilingual, and I may as well expect him to have some confusing times in the years to come.

Never a dull moment in the Tejeda home! Thanks for being interested in our journey and being involved in our lives!

8 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL about the suelo thing. Which parent to believe?????

I knew this news, but I'm ALWAYS glad to find your posts.

Had a pedi today, and they remembered you!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Yeah, the suelo thing was funny. I'm sorry I've been so bad at posting. I need to get with it! The pedi was fun. Thanks for the referral.

teamboyer said...

Great to hear the update and glad you'll be headed in the right direction! We'll be praying for the move...ours was a lot of fun. Hope the same will be true for you!

Jewel said...

Suelo and swallow. So funny!

Ann said...

It is so good to hear from you. People at church have asked. When you move we will be in Thailand! We continue to pray for you.

Gerson & Betsy said...

Brooke, we went to Fogo de Chao and LOVED it! Thanks so much for the gift certificate. Glad your move went smoothly. We're hoping for the same! Could you send me your new address sometime?

Gerson & Betsy said...

Glad you thought it was funny, Jewel! We sure did!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Hi Ann! Yea!! You're going to Thailand! Glad it worked out. Please tell everyone thanks for their prayers. We're anxious to get to Texas. I still have a book that it yours. I may give it to Mom to get back to you. If not, I'll mail it back.