Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Faithful Friends

God often sends special people into our lives, and we may not even realize the significance until much later. Mr. Windell is one of those people in our lives. He attends our church, Pioneer Faith Evangelical Chuch (PFEC), in Marion, Indiana. He and his wife are retired missionaries -- they ministered in Hawaii for years.

When Jayden was in the hospital after being born prematurally, we called on friends, family, and churches to pray for him. I'll never forget Mr. Windell's testimony to me one day after Jayden came home from the hospital. He told me this story.

He was in Sunday School at PFEC one Sunday AM. The teacher was focusing on a Scripture about God healing an entire nation. Now, Windell didn't recall the reference for this lesson, so I can't share that part with you. But, what he did say was that God spoke to him and said, "If I can heal a nation, don't you think I can heal a baby?" Windell stood up in that Sunday school class and said, "I feel I need to pray for that Tejeda baby. If God can heal an entire nation, he can surely heal a baby in the NICU." He walked to the altar at the front of the sanctuary and began to intercede for our miracle boy. Much to his surprise, when he was done and got up, the altar was lined with others from the Sunday school class who had joined him in prayer for Jayden.

I can't think of this story without tears in my eyes. Windell was obedient to the Holy Spirit, and he took time to pray for healing for our son. I wish I knew the date it happened so I could look back at Jayden's journey and see what happened on that particular day in the hospital. However, I realize, in the grand scheme of things, God answered the prayers of the faithful in a BIG way. Our little guy is not so little anymore. He's growing, developing, and learning. I'm so thankful for Windell, and all the others of you, who stood in the gap for us when we worn out, struggling, and in need of prayer. God answers! I can't wait to share this story with Jayden when he's big enough to appreciate it. God is so good! Thank you, Windell, for reminding us of the importance of listening to the Holy Spirit, being obedient, and recognizing the power of prayer!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Awwwww!

AND, his daughter and SIL and their family attend OUR church!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Really? Small, small world. :)