Sunday, November 23, 2008

jayden's Progress



Hello, Friends.

It's been a quiet week, but at the same time a busy week. Aunt Hazel left on Saturday and Aunt Betsy arrived to stay with us and drive us around since I can't drive for several weeks due to my medication, and although Gerson is "legal" to drive with his international driver's license, he doesn't know all the rules of the road quite yet. So, it's been wonderful to have my aunts here to drive us around, fix us meals, and spend time with us. It's been especially fun for me to become reacquainted with them after living in Bolivia so long!!

We have made many trips back and forth from the hospital. Jayden continues to capture the hearts of all who see him. I thought I was biased because I am his mother, but every nurse who cares for him says the same thing ---- they have fallen in love with "the little guy." 

We have been able to hold him --- either swaddled up well to maintain his body temperature, or what is called "kangarooing" which is where we hold him skin to skin against our chest. He LOVES being held by Mommy and Daddy. In fact, when I held him today I told the nurse if he was a kitten he'd be purring! He even tried to "talk" to us today ---- of course, it was just adorable although it will be awhile before he says "Mama" or "Dada"!

We ask for you to continue to pray for Jayden. He is still undergoing testing on his digestive system. He had trouble digesting my milk and they aren't sure whether it is because his intestines are very immature or if it might be because of another problem. The doctors are thorough and want to make sure they don't miss anything, and we are thankful for that. However, we continue to pray that his system just needs to develop a bit more and that no procedures will be needed.

I continue to heal from the C-section but am feeling better every day. I am on blood pressure medicine and it has helped to lower my blood pressure significantly. I go to the doctor for a BP check tomorrow and I'm hoping he'll lower my dosage. 

Gerson is planning to return to Bolivia next weekend sometime. I am having a hard time "letting him go." The good news is he hopes to be back quickly. Pray for him as he prepares for his thesis defense. He's been studying and preparing! Pray for safety for him as he travels and that he will have some very special times with his family before he has to tell them goodbye. 

We appreciate all the prayers, cards, comments, phone calls, and visits. Thanks for all your love in these days. We feel the support of the Body of Christ like never before. We praise the Lord for all the answered prayers we've seen in these months. As we approach Thanksgiving, my list of blessings continues to increase as I think how good and faithful God is. We continue to trust our Jayden and his health and progress to Him. We are praying Jayden will be home by Christmas! What a beautiful Christmas gift that would be! 


2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I love reading these updates!!!!

Sounds like both you and Jayden are progressing.

Gerson & Betsy said...

We are, indeed. :)