We left to get Aunt Hazel lunch since she hadn't eaten. (She flew in to be with us for a week and help us.) When we arrived back at the hospital an hour later, they were still working on little Jayden. They had tried 2 times to put the line in his arm, but neither worked. So, they ended up putting the line in his left foot. The nurse said he was trooper through it all and hardly cried.
In addition to getting his PICC line, he is also now getting fed with my milk. He's only had about 4 cc's, but it is a start! Hopefully he'll start gaining weight soon. His jaundice has also cleared up so he is no longer under the lights. All in all, everyone is thrilled with his progress and every time we see him, we get good news.
Thanks for praying for Jayden. We are all amazed by what a fighter he is. We know the Lord is answering the prayers of His people. I go back to the doctor today. Continue to pray for me as well as I continue to recover. We love you all.

12 comments:
Yeah, Betsy! Such good news! Hope you're enjoying Aunt Hazel for me. Praying for y'all and looking forward to Thanksgiving with you. Love ya bunches!
oh, bets, i'm so happy. i can't wait to meet the little guy and give you a big hug!
love you, k
Betsy, we have mentioned and prayed for you in staff meetings at Lakeview. Glad to hear things are going well. We are so happy for you and Gerson!!!
Hey Betsy!! Its still wierd calling you that :) But Your baby is soo cute!! Im so glad everything is ok! :) Congrats!! Im super excited for you! My cousin just had a baby 3lbs 12oz 16in! He is so cute! Hope all is goin well with you and your family:)
Cassie (you were my teacher in jh lol just in case you didnt remember me) :)
Cassie was also in Kyle's class - - - in case that helps!!!
Hey - - - this is day 14 of my nasty cold and FINALLY I'm feeling some better - - - maybe SOON I can make the pilgrimage down to see you!!!!
Congratulations!
I have had a busy past two weeks and had no idea until today that your son had arrived! I have been praying for you as you come to mind. Boy I should really get on the computer more often. I am so thankful that you are on the road to recovery and baby Jayden is growing. I can't wait to meet him and see you guys!
Love Ya!
Congratulations!
It's amazing what happens when you don't check a blog for a couple of weeks! :) I am so excited to hear of baby Jayden's arrival. I am glad that you are on the road to recovery and that Gerson gets to be with you a little longer. It sounds like you are surrounded with family to help too. What a blessing! I can hardly wait to see you guys and meet him. You will continue to be in my prayers.
Love Ya!
Oops, thought I lost the first message and double posted. Consider yourselves doubly congratulated!
THanks, Vickie, for praying and sharing us with the Lakeview staff. We sense the prayers!
Cassie, of COURSE i remember you! How did you find our blog?
When you're able, Keetha, come on down! You know you're always welcome!
Thanks, Melissa! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment