Friday, August 15, 2008

Last Stop - Tucuman

Gerson's last day in Argentina was spent in the city of Tucuman. Just this year, their hometown soccer team moved up to the major league. Gerson and his professor went to Tucuman to watch a home game.
Gerson would make a great blogger if he had time to do it! He took lots of pictures of the sights. I thought this building was interesting.

You can see the Argentine pride in the way they display their flags on the streets in town.

Gerson thought it was funny to see horses downtown! Personally, they kind of reminded me of a horse and buggy rides tourists find downtown in big cities. It was a new sight for Gerson!

As they were walking down the streets, Gerson and Fernando came across these two fellows. The TALL man is obviously using stilts. Once again, Gerson was amused!

To finish the day, Gerson and Fernando entered the Tucuman soccer stadium. This is the game that was televised. Of couse, when Gerson told me he'd be wearing his bright sweatsuit, I thought I'd be able to pick him out of crowd with no problem! However, the team's colors are red and white! I quickly realized Gerson's attire would not make him stand out at all! I didn't end up seeing him on TV, but I did enjoy the game, knowing he was watching it in person. Also, notice the hat he has on his head. He bought it at the game so he could be an "official" fan of the home team! Smart man!

9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm glad that:

1) Gerson was able to have this experience

2) He enjoyed it so much

3) That he's back home safely

Gerson & Betsy said...

ME TOO!! Thanks for sharing our joy!

Keri said...

I also find that building very interesting!! Does Gerson remember what it was? I love old buildings like that!

Vickie said...

Being a soccer mom I found this really interesting. Sure wish Gerson were here this year helping out our boys soccer team!!

Gerson & Betsy said...

I'll have to ask him what building it is, Keri. I"ll try to remember and get back to you!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Well, Vickie, truth be told, Gerson would LOVE to be there helping out with soccer! If he's where there is soccer, he's a happy guy!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Keri, I have your answer! Gerson says that is the big cathedral of the town of Tucuman. SO, it's the Catholic Church! How cool is that?

Keri said...

That's VERY cool!!! It's gorgeous! I love it!!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks for asking, Keri. I learned something new by investigating your question! :) Anyway, glad you enjoyed the picture and were curious.