
Argentina - the land of SOCCER!

Since I didn't travel with him, Gerson had to take his own photo while he was on the bus. It was a LONG trip! Thankfully, it was a very comfortable bus and practically empty. He had lots of room to stretch out and get comfy!

This is the "river" that forms part of the border between Bolivia and Argentina. Looks a bit dry, doesn't it?

Gerson spent several hours at the border getting the necessary paperwork done. This is the border customs where all buses (and I'm assuming all vehicles in general) must pass through.

Once in Argentina, Gerson had his soccer professor, Fernando, take a picture of him with the bus on which he traveled. He told me that the bus was super nice and more comfortable than an airplane. He had to ride on the top level, but his chair reclined 80 degrees, which was very helpful in getting a good night's sleep.

Fernando seems to be a jack of all trades. He took Gerson to the restaurant he owns with his girlfriend. Gerson took a picture of the menu and prices. The prices are in Argentine pesos. I don't know what the current exchange rate is. Now we know where to go if we are ever in the area again and want some Argentine fast food!

Like all Latin towns and cities, Fernando's hometown of Jujuy also has a central plaza. These plazas are usually beautiful and is a nice place to find a bench and catch up with friends. They are usually found in the middle of town and are a meeting place for many people.

During his stay in Jujuy, Gerson roomed at Fernando's parents' home. He remembered to get a picture of his hosts, but he forgot to get a photo of his professor! Thanks to the hospitality of this couple, Gerson felt right as home. It was a surprise to find out that they are actually from Tarija, the very city where Gerson's mom is from. Due to that connection, they hit it off right away! Gerson was able to share the Gospel with them, and they listened attentively. Someday maybe I'll get to thank them in person for hosting my husband and helping his stay in Argentina be such a positive one.
9 comments:
OK - - - I'm impressed!!!! Gerson, you have turned into QUITE the blogger!!!! My new slogan, now that I'm a blogger, is "Have Camera Will Travel."
It's addictive, isn't it? You find yourself, everywhere you go, thinking: "I can get a picture of this and I'll blog about it like this!!"
Betsy - - - please go to my blog today and click on the "Big Mama" link. Her post for today is precious and will make you go "Awwwwwwwwwwwww."
I promise.
She's one of my faves
Oh, Betsy - - - - while you're At my blog today - - - be sure to look around there too!!!! You might be several days behind, and that's like 30 posts. Jejejejejejejejejejejeje
I ESPECIALLY want you to see the
Never Seen on the Grindstone - - - " post. You'll LOVE it.
I'll take a look-see, Keetha!
Hey, turn on your Yahoo IM - - - I think we're both on right now - - - -
Gerson, I'm watching Olympic Soccer - - - Brazil vs Cameroon.
That bus looks fun!!! Reminds me of the ones Mom talks about Lakeview taking to D.C.
Is it the same type of bus, Keetha? His didn't have any beds, but the seats did recline WAY back!
Well, the fact that it has two levels and is basically red/white, and blue is like the LighTrider bus. That's all I know about buses!!!!
How funny! Okay, I'll take that answer! I don't know much about buses, either.
Post a Comment