
While in Argentina, Gerson had the opportunity to go see several teams as they practiced, trained, and played. This is the training facility for one of those teams. It's found in Jujuy, the city where Gerson's professor is from. I THINK the team is called GIMNASIA.

While he was there, the coach of that team was interviewed by the Argentine media. Notice Gerson in the background!! He was filming with our video camera while the media filmed with their big cameras! Later, Gerson also got interviewed, but we don't think his interview made the cut.

The coach actually took time to talk with Gerson and was excited to hear about Gerson's ministry. He said if the soccer boys are trained well from the time they are small, they are able to develop their skills to become great players as adults. He encouraged Gerson to continue working with young kids and youth. He also invited Gerson back for the next day's practice.

On the way out, Gerson was able to "nab" one of the players for a photo. I can't remember all the names of the teams or the players. If you want more info, you'll have to ask my husband! We DID see this player, who is a starter for team, play in a game on TV the Sunday after Gerson returned. It was fun to see the players and the coach on TV, all of whom Gerson had met in person!

Here's Gerson with another player. Once again, I don't remember who he is or on which team he plays.

Gerson took this picture as he watched the training of the team. This is their practice field.

He was also able to watch their practices in the stadium. He had an amazing time and learned a lot. This trip was a dream come true for him.
4 comments:
Oh wow - - - Oh wow - - - OH WOW!!!!
I'm sure Gerson was as excited as I would be if I got to talk to my Badger's coach AND meet a player!!!!
(WI football, of course!!) I'd actually be MORE excited about that than the Colts.
Gerson - - - you have a GREAT eye for what will make a fun picture.
Your picture of the Argentinian flag with the palm tree is AMAZING.
Vickie didn't beat me THIS time.
Michael Phelps got his 7th gold last night, literally by the SKIN OF HIS FINGERS!!!!
Yeah, I was impressed by all the photos Gerson took. He really enjoyed his trip. You can understand his excitement -- you just think of AMERICAN football and how you'd feel if you got to mee the Big Dogs!
I missed the last medal Phelps won. I saw when he won the 6th one.
What an awesome experience for Gerson!!! Something he'll remember forever, I'm sure!
Yes! It was a chance of a lifetime!
Post a Comment