
Since many of you will never have the opportunity to come and visit us here in Bolivia, I decided to show you the sights around where we live. This is the sign that is at the end of our lane. Our lane opens up to a busy, divided highway.

As we drive down our lane (see the next picture), we pass a piece of land that is being used to weigh and park large semi-trucks. The family who lives there has a very humble living area. What you see is their outhouse.

This is our lane. We turn into the mission property about where the second light pole is. If we keep going straight, we will arrive at the Berea Seminary campus. Several of our missionaries teach and are involved in the seminary ministries.

Across from our gate, there is another large, open property. Recently the owner has moved his fence line back several meters. Rumor has it that the city government will paving our humble dirt lane and turning it into quite a nice road. Although the pavement will be nice, it will mean giving up the peace and quiet we currently enjoy.
The structure you see in the picture is an old, abandoned water tower. Believe it or not, when I was here in 1998, I climbed it! :)
Hope you enjoyed the tour. Be on the lookout for a post about the mission property where we live. I'll try to get the pictures taken soon!
14 comments:
Hey - - - I CAN read part of your sign!!! "Berea Bible Seminary" and at the bottom "Welcome."
But what is all that stuff in the middle?
Today's Gerson's FINAL game - - - - I'm searching my ESPN listings - - - - - -
:-)
Oooops, no luck. I guess I'll just have to watch an American Football game from last fall instead - - - LSU/KY
NOPE --- today is NOT Gerson's final game. It's on Saturday. So, I'm afraid you won't be able to find it on the cable network!!
I'm so proud of your Spanish skills! The middle part is just telling what neighborhood it's in. It's a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to me, too, to be honest. :)
Well, no WONDER I couldn't find it on ESPN TODAY. I'll be sure to look again on Saturday!!! :-)
Hey - - - I don't FEEL so bad about my Spanish if that middle part is just mumbo-jumbo anyway!!!
Oh, Keetha. You ALWAYS bring a smile to my face!!!!
Hey - - - I THOUGHT your water tower was a deer stand!!!!! Maybe I've been married to Gregie just a LITTLE TOO LONG!!!
Oh, that is CLASSIC!!! I love it! It probably COULD be used as a deer stand, but you'd come closer to shooting a horse or a cow than a deer around here!
Hey, Keetha, I'm noticing something. You ALWAYS have the first comment on every blog. Yup. You are a professional blogger! :)
Ummmm - - - I think someone beat me ONCE. I'll go check - - - -
Yep - - - go check your "All Good things must come to an end" post!!
My daughter beat me!
Hey I liked seeing your little corner of the world. The bathroom humbled me. I went on the missions trip this year with the seniors to Macedonia and some of my best stories are about bathrooms. Well, I don't know if the word "best" is what I should use maybe interesting would be a better description. Experiences I will NEVER forget. I'm curious which game is Gerson's? Is he playing or is it his favorite team?
Vickie, the game we have referred to often in relation to Gerson is his intramural university team. He is playing int he finals this Saturday. Since he is studying theology, he is on that team. I´ll add a post about it after the final game.
You´re right! Keri beat you ONCE! Shame,shame, shame.
TODAY is the big game on ESPN!!!!
Play well and make us PROUD, Gerson!!!
Post a Comment