Monday, June 23, 2008

Semi-Finals!

On Saturday, Gerson played in the semi-final games at the Bolivian Evangelical University (BEU) where he studies and works. He plays on an intramural soccer team - Theology - since that is what he is studying. Theology has only made it to the finals ONE time in Gerson's career as a student at the BEU. That year they won! It was exciting for us that his team made it to the semi-finals. Notice -- the sky was overcast, I was in long sleeves. It was COLD! For the duration of the game, I stayed huddled in the car, watching through the windshield! I'm a whip when it's cold!
This is Dad Tejeda giving a Gerson a "good luck" kick to his foot. He said it was so he would make lots of goals. Alas, it was not to be. Even though Gerson didn't make a goal in the game, he had an amazing assist!

The team huddle right before the game. I think they were huddling more for heat than for encouragement and strategy talk!
Gerson's sister Silvana and her friend Amelia took stats for the game. Don't worry -- no cheating took place! We had a REAL referee; he verified the results!
And what were the results? THEOLOGY GOES TO THE FINALS! So, tune in for next week's results. Will Theology take the trophy home?

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Of COURSE they will - - - we're all gonna be pulling for them!!!

What channel will it be on? ESPN???

:-)

Gerson & Betsy said...

I wish! I will videotape it, but you won't be able to see it for awhile! I DID get Gerson's assist on video last week. Hopefully this week I'll get him making a goal or two!

Keetha Broyles said...

hehehehehehe

I was actually just kidding about the ESPN - - - but today I DID watch part of a European soccer game. Yesterday I watched the end of the US beating Barbados.

Tell Gerson.

Gerson & Betsy said...

Okay. I knew you were joking, but I thought it was funny! Good for you for watching soccer! Gerson will be proud!