
For a long time, Gerson's parents have told me that as a small boy, Gerson had the most beautiful curls! I finally convinced Gerson to grow his hair out so I could see these lovely curls I've heard so much about. It's taken him several months, and now Gerson has a great "fro." When he wakes up in the morning, the curls are sadly lacking!!!! Instead, it stands straight up on end! Very cute, in an endearing sort of way. When he doesn't "fix" his hair, but rather just places his cap over his fro, he gets lots of laughs at the University! They have begun calling him a clown!

However, when he takes the time to wet the hair down and put cream in it, the beautiful curls appear! I love them! When he leaves the house with the curls, he no longer looks like a crown. Rather, he gets glances from admirers, much to his delight! Even our dog, Tamara, loves her "daddy's" new look!

Here you can see his curls a bit better. This is one of the classic photos where Gerson held the camera at arm's length and hoped we would end up in the picture!

Well, I think he's a hunk! So far he's not cut his hair, due to my insistance that his curls are precious! However, I think the time is coming soon. :( It's a lot of hair for him to put up with!! I'm just thrilled he loves me enough to deal with the comments and the uncomfortable length of his hair. Isn't he a cutie!? (I know -- I'm biased!)
4 comments:
Just look at the grimace he made in that picture he took of the two of you together!!!! Gerson, that's SCARY!!!
Yah. Gerson says we (Americans) have FAKE smiles when we take pictures. The Bolivian culture is different in that in many of their photos they are serious. They portray their feeling at the moment the photo is taken, rather than "pretending" to be happy, as Gerson puts it. In that picture where he is "gimacing," he is practicing his "fake" smile!
I'd rather see your REAL smile, Gerson!!!
Me, too! However, at least he´s TRYING!!! jejeje. Gotta give him SOME credit.
Post a Comment