Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day and Milestones

We had a beautiful, hot, sunny day here in Texas on Mother's Day. We attended church in the morning, where all the mothers received a single rose and book of God's promises. Both of my boys took a long nap in the afternoon, giving Mommy some much-needed time "off."


We are starting to get into the swing of how to juggle two little ones. I take care of them all day long, but when Daddy gets home, BOTH boys are ready for some "Daddy Time." Jayden "chats" with him, while Esdon normally coos. They both LOVE their daddy.


At first Jayden was really rough with Edson. I had to watch him at all times to make sure he wasn't hitting or rough-housing with Edson. We've made tremendous progress with the word "gentle." Jayden is still sometimes rough with Edson, but he's getting so much better. It's nothing short of miraculous I was able to snap this picture where they were both calm and just enjoying one another's proximity without any mishap!


My three guys. Aren't I blessed?



They are just too cute. :) I'm not biased or anything. Jayden has begun to want whatever Edson has. If Edson is on Mommy's lap, all of sudden Jayden appears and wants to sit on my lap. If Edson is on the floor using a pillow, suddenly the pillow becomes Jayden's focus. I'm sure it's just a stage, and thankfully he doesn't get angry at Edson. He just makes it known he feels left out somehow.



This photo is mainly for Grandma Cookie. Here's your little guy smiling! This was taken yesterday, May 9th, the day Edson turned 2 months old. He's started smiling, cooing, and interacting with us in the past few weeks. He's just darling.



And here he is in a slightly more serious mood. Look at those BIG eyes! Gerson is still sad Edson doesn't have blue eyes like mine, but I think his brown eyes are just gorgeous!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

You are beautiful and have a beautiful family! Thanks for posting.

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks so much, Vickie! I miss you.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my goodness!!! These pictures are adorable! Edson smiles. Could be the name of a movie, ya know?

Gerson & Betsy said...

Oh, Keetha! You're so cute. I like that, though --- Edson smiles. :) Clever.

Jamie said...

Wow, Sis! Thanks so much for posting this pics of Edson. He is adorable. I agree - his brown eyes are gorgious! Gerson will just have to enjoy your blue eyes and be satisfied with that. :) And Jayden's hair - oh how I love it. Thanks for keeping is longer and curly! Love, love, love my boys!