
We weren't even in Texas a week when we were given the opportunity to go to the beach! McAllen is about 1 1/2 hours from South Padre Island. Sheryl (pictured above with me) is a counselor who works at WGM headquarters in Member Care. She came to McAllen to give an inservice at Taylor Christian School, as well as to meet with the missionaries. Anyway, on Thursday she didn't have much scheduled, and instead of hanging out at the guest house all day, we thought it would be great to take her to the beach! All the other missionaries were busy in their various ministries, but since we were still unpacking and settling in, we were able to take her and have a relaxing day! (Don't worry --- we won't make this a habit!)

Gerson and Jayden REALLY enjoyed the water. Sheryl and I were more interested in walking along the beach, although I did wade some. It was a gorgeous day!!!!

Jayden loves the water --- whether it's the ocean, a lake, a pool, or the bathtub. He could stay in the water 24/7 if given that option!

We tried to have him wear his hat . . .

But, that didn't last long! As you can see, he was one happy, little boy!

We had several humorous incidents that day. One was when we saw this sign! Notice, the lights are flashing, but we never saw a pelican! We did like the sign though. Overall, it was an awesome day and we really enjoyed getting to know Sheryl better. We were in desperate need of a day of rest, and we were so happy she gave us an excuse for a day away!
6 comments:
Hey, I know Cheryl!!!
I've been seeing the Bolivian President (yes, the NATION'S president) on ESPN ALL week for his unbecoming activity on a soccer field during a match in which he was playing - - - - -
Have you guys seen that?
One word..."JEALOUS!" :o)
No, Keetha! I haven't seen that! I'll have to ask Gerson about it and see if he knows anything.
Brooke, come visit! We'll take you there, too! :)
I'm pretty sure Jessie and I HATED the beach at Jayden's age. haha. The waves.. the icky sand.. the scarey seagulls.. I love it all now! I want to come too. :)
Come on down, Jewel!!!
Post a Comment