Friday, September 18, 2009

Milestones and Mishaps

See that happy face? Jayden knows when he does something amazing and he always looks at us when he attempts something new just to see if we're watching. He now has two teeth we see when he smiles, although they aren't showing up in pictures very well yet.
Jayden has now gotten permission to start on Gerber 2nd foods! This is a huge milestone for him. He loves eating baby food and he's even started on some juices. (His favorite is still milk, however.) As you can see, he's quite independent and wants to have control of the spoon. He's still not very coordinated yet, though, and ends up getting baby food everywhere!

One of his mishaps . . . He was trying to pull himself up into a standing position. As you can see, his weight and strength were more than the wooden toy could handle! Thankfully, Mommy was there to catch both before they toppled over!
He's already learning, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again"! Now when he pulls himself up, Mommy is on the other side evening out the weight!

Crawling is another milestone. Jayden is into EVERYTHING. At first, he just tried to crawl but didn't get very far. However, one day I was in the kitchen and had left in the living room on the floor playing. A few minutes later I turned around and saw him at the entrance of the kitchen! He had crawled all the way across the living room and into the kitchen where I was. I couldn't believe it and knew we had moved into another stage!
So, what is a mom to do? This was the find of all finds! At one of the many garage sales I've gone to this summer, I found this plastic play-yard --- and bought it for 10 dollars! What a buy! Now I can place toys in it with Jayden and corral him! It's wonderful when I need to go into another room for a few minutes. I don't have to worry about him getting into something he shouldn't.

Daddy seems to think I want to corral HIM, too! :)

Hmmm. Maybe I can keep them BOTH under control? :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola familia...adoro las fotos y tambien a los protagonistas jajajajson una famila muy hermosa y bendecida por Dios. Los amo

Cathy Tejeda said...

Jayden mi papito sigue creciendo mas cada dia y se pone mas guapo...

Keetha Broyles said...

Enjoy the corral while it lasts!!! Soon he'll be up and over the sides in a flash!

teamboyer said...

Good luck keeping both your "little boys" under control! :o) If you figure that one out, send me some tips...I'm going to need them!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Too true, Keetha! And I AM enjoying it while it lasts. :)

Gerson & Betsy said...

Okay, Brooke, I'll let you in on any advice I can give you! :)

Gerson & Betsy said...

Gracias, Tia Cathy!