Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy to be Home!

Jayden is loving it at home! Mommy and Daddy are loving it as well! We are all adjusting to the changes, but enjoying the opportunity to be together as a family.
Jayden surprised us yesterday by grabbing onto his milk bottle for the FIRST time!! I was feeding him and took it out of his mouth to burp him. He reached up, grabbed the bottle with both hands, and moved it toward his mouth! I was shocked! Guess he was still hungry.  :)  Throughout the rest of the feeding, he continued to put his hands around the bottle off and on. I tried to let him hold it, but he wasn't able to hold onto it for more than a few seconds. We are so proud of him!
We are getting a lot of cuddling in!
Lots of loving . . .
Lots of snuggling! Don't worry, Mommy was close by watching over her two men. Jayden wore Daddy out!
We took him for his first outside carriage ride. He fell asleep . . . FINALLY. It had been a long morning of a very unhappy Jayden. Taking him for a ride was brilliant! He finally relaxed and went to sleep ---- even though it was for a short time. 
There he is --- waving "Hello!" to each of you! What a joy it is to have him home!

12 comments:

Jewel said...

Jayden, we need to arrange a time for me to come visit you soon before you keep growing and learning new things like holding a bottle and going on walks!! I'm so happy to see you home!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh so sweet!!!

I'm glad you're home.

We (Greg,Lappy, and I) are off to FL in the morning - - - we'll be back Friday.

Keri said...

The picture of Jayden and Gerson almost made me misty eyed!! So sweet! Isn't it CRAZY how fast they catch on to things and grow up?!? They need to slow down! :)

Gerson & Betsy said...

Yes, Jewel. you need to come meet me! :) Love, Jayden

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks for letting me know, Keetha! Why are you doing to Florida?? Who is covering your classes???

Gerson & Betsy said...

Keetha -- had a thought. If I checked your blog, I'd probably find out the answers to all my nosy questions! :)

Gerson & Betsy said...

It is crazy, Keri, how fast he is growing. It's kind of ironic to say since he is just now looking like a newborn! However, he's come sooo far!

themcclellandfamily said...

Love all the pictures! He's so cute! I have to say the holding of the bottle is something I totally remember Asher doing for the first time and it was so precious! I love that. Especially for jayden, though, such big improvements!

Vickie said...

I love the picture of Jayden holding his bottle. Super Sweet!!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Yes, Amy, as a mother it was awesome to see Jayden do that! I can't wait for he and Asher to meet. I think Asher is still at least twice Jayden's size! :)

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks, Vickie! We were at Lakeview today but missed you. You had already left. We'll try to catch you next time.

Melissa said...

congratulations! I hadn't checked in since before our Spring Break. I was excited to see that Jayden is home! What is your schedule like? I would love to come visit!