Tuesday, March 31, 2009

First Visitors

On Sunday, Jayden had his first visitors! Becky (Eberhard) Green and I (Betsy) go back many years. Both of us were missionary kids in Honduras and attended boarding school together in our primary school years. If you were to ask us when we met, we wouldn't be able to tell you -- -we've known each other for as long as we remember! 

Becky and her husband are also missionaries, so other than briefly seeing each other in November, we've not seen each other since I went to Bolivia. It was great to see her again! She brought along her three daughters, two whom I hadn't met yet. Her mom, "Aunt" Sara, and her dad, "Uncle" Mel, also came.
"Aunt" Sara is one of the people who faithfully check this blog! I told her that now she was going to be on it! :) You made it, Aunt Sara! I'm glad you finally met Jayden. Thanks for praying for him and checking in on his progess daily!
Becky also had her moment with Jayden. He was passed around right before they left. They arrived at Jayden's 2:00 feeding, and Daddy was feeding him for the first part of their visit.
Becky's girls also enjoyed Jayden. 
Gerson snapped this precious picture of the girls looking at Jayden in his swing. Aren't they precious? Thanks, Becky and family, for stopping in! I hope we see Kelly (Becky's husband) next time! :) If anyone else is in the area, let us know and maybe you can stop in a meet Jayden, too. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWW
I'm now OFICIALLY so jealous!
It looks like you all had soo much fun! I'm soo glad Jayden seems to be doing well. How's fulltime at home parenting going? I hope well... It's a job in and of itself huh.... Lot of love and continued prayers
Kim, Miguel, Kalei and Michelle

Gerson said...

Yeah, Kim. Wish you could've been here, too! Looking forward to the day I get to meet YOUR two little ones! :)

Keren said...

Bets,

I'm so glad you finally got to bring Jayden home. You and Gerson must be so excited. I'm happy for you.

Love
Keren

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks, Keren! By the way, we recieved the blankie you sent! It's beautiful!!! It's also the color of Gerson's favorite soccer team, so as you can imagine, he is thrilled! We've been using it a lot. Thanks for being so thoughtful! We love you.

Vickie said...

Yeah!!!! Just as I had hoped...I finally arrived home Monday, March30 and checked the blog tonight to find that Jayden is home!! Praise the Lord!! Hoping all is going well. I will give you a call sometime soon to see how things are going!!

Gerson & Betsy said...

HI VICKIE!!!! Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I look forward to hearing from you.

Robin Earl (aka) Daniel said...

My parents were excited to hear that Jayden got home. I'm excited to meet him sometime soon.
Daniel Elliott

Gerson & Betsy said...

Maybe you can meet him tomorrow, Daniel!