Don't be scared of my mommy! I know she looks funny, but it's because she was congested and was afraid of getting me sick. She wasn't sure whether she had a cold or allergies, so she decided to play it safe. The doctors don't want me to have any more trouble with my lungs, so I'm glad people are careful around me. If you come and see me and think you might be getting sick, you might want to wear one of these, too. I think they are kind of stylish!
Another thing I like is my pacifier. I love to suck on it and when I get mad, it's sometimes the only thing that will calm me down. The sad part is that I can't keep it in my mouth very long by myself. I get so excited and start sucking so hard that I spit it right back out! Then I get frustrated again. It's a good think that Mommy, Daddy, and the nurses are often nice enough to hold it in for me until I calm down. Hopefully someday soon I'll figure out how to keep it in my mouth!
When Daddy spends time with me, he often sings to me. I love to hear him sing! He sings me Spanish lullabies and children's songs. He has a very soothing voice. He also talks to me like I'm a big boy. Yesterday he even read the Bible to me!! I love my Daddy. When he holds me I feel safe. He's so strong and he cradles me very nicely in his arms. Everyone tells me I look just like him, which makes me very happy since he's one of my very favorite people in the world!
When Mommy spends time with me, she likes to hold me! If she's in the room and I'm not getting my "Daddy time" in, I'm in HER arms! The doctors have just begun to let me drink a LITTLE bit of her milk and I'm really enjoying it! So far, so good! I'm still able to breathe as I nurse. I'm still being fed mostly through the tube in a my nose that goes down into my intestines. I keep pulling it out because I don't like it at all! I'd much rather just drink Mommy's milk all by myself!
The doctors say I may be in the hospital for another month or month and a half yet. I want to go home, but my body just isn't ready. They are trying to figure me out still. I guess I'm quite a puzzle! But, I'm trying so hard to get better and I know Jesus is helping me to heal. I am no longer on oxygen, but I still have a nasal cannula that pushes room air into my trachea to help it stay open. I'm also not looking as yellow these days because I'm no longer getting any nutrients through IV, so my bilirubin is going down slowly.
All in all, I'm quite a happy baby. My parents love me and my nurses dote on me. I feel better every day. Please keep praying for me and my parents. We're all ready for me to go home! But, I want to be good and healthy before I leave this hospital where I'm getting such great care. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!! Thanks for keeping up with my story.

14 comments:
I'm so glad you're able to nurse now. How is it going for you, Betsy? Jayden looks great - we can't wait to get together for a cousin playdate when the weather gets warm! Love, Elissa
Jayden tienes unos padres muy buenos que te aman mucho por que tu eres especial...y todos te amamos...precioso bebe.
Hi Jayden! We love hearing from you! We are so hoping you'll be able to go home soon and we are praying for you to grow stronger every day.
Awww what a sweet post! :) Jayden you're getting SO BIG!!! Even in a swing now! That's awesome!!!
Lots of awwwwwwws from me too!!!
I hear you are doing a seminar at our Winter Summit - - - too bad I'm doing one at the exact same time so I won't be able to hear ya!!!!
Hi Betsy, Gerson & Jayden,
What a great report! Jayden is, indeed, famous! I can't believe you have all be in the hospital for 3 months now. I am sure, however, that you all can believe it!! Jayden is looking great and the kids and staff here at SCCLC are still praying for you and missing you! All our love, Jeanie B. for the SCCLC Staff & Students
Hi Elissa! We're looking forward to seeing you, too. Hopefully Jayden will be out of the hospital for too much longer and we will be able to get together. He'll have TWO cousins to meet! :)to
Gracias, Cathy por tus palabras de afirmacion. Es verdad que es un bebe muy amado!
Thanks, Aunt Betsy and Uncle Len, Abby, Anna, and Luke, for praying for me. I'm trying to get stronger!!
Jayden
Yes, Keri, he is growing. Actually, now that he's off the IV nutrients, he's been losing weight, but that's to be expected. As soon as they get the formula adjusted he'll begin gaining again.
Yeah! Tomorrow it's our turn, Keetha. Of course Gerson and I haven't begun preparing yet, but we'll do so today. Guess we have to since tomorrow is the big day! We'll look you up before or after just to say hi.
Hi Jeanie and all of you SCCLC! Thanks for your continued prayers. I miss everyone so much and continue to pray for you as well. It's been a long 3 months, but we're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We're anxious to bring our son home! He's a sweetie and someday I hope you all can meet him! We don't know when we'll be able to return to Bolivia. It's complicated with Gerson's visa situation and Jayden's health issues. However, sometime we need to go back so Jayden can meet his grandparents and aunts/uncles on Daddy's side. We will look you up then for sure!
We are continuing to pray for allthree of you and are thrilled to hear Jayden is doing so well with his eating. Hoping and praying that this next month flies by for you!
Love Kim Miguel Kalei and Michelle
We may get him home by Easter yet, Kim! :) Thanks for your continued prayers.
Post a Comment