Saturday, January 17, 2009

Frigid Winter

Gerson and I are NOT used to this frigid climate! We are learning to bundle up, but lately it's been sooooo cold outside bundling up hasn't helped too much!
Gerson is actually doing better with the cold than I am.

Although I am not enjoying the below zero temperatures, I AM enjoying the snow! The beauty is stunning! It's been a long time since I've see such beautiful scenery. Gerson is learning how to drive on these snow-packed roads.

He's also learning that when we have to be somewhere early in the morning, we need to leave time to scrape off the car or remember to start it early and allow it to warm up!
He's gotten good with a shovel!
And he thinks his wife is crazy! Yup. This is me eating ice cream on one of our sub-zero days! We only lasted outside for about 30 seconds. Gerson doesn't understand that even though I'm usually freezing cold, I don't let it stop me from eating ice cream.

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

You and Greg - - - he eats ice cream in this weather too. Not me.

Give me a hot latte.

Gerson & Betsy said...

I LOVE ice cream!!!! I'm not going to let a little cold weather stop me from eating it.

Anonymous said...

You go girl...keep eating that ice cream! I'm with you on that one!

Cathlene

Anonymous said...

Gerson would be warmer if he would wear that hat that Daudi got him!!!

Gerson & Betsy said...

KEEP LOOKING, CATHLENE. HE DOES WEAR IT A LOT!!! LOOK AT THE SLEDDING POST.

Gerson & Betsy said...

By the way, Cathlene . . . Congratulations!! I heard your grandson arrived quite quickly!