
We visited Jayden again on Thursday. Nurse Joy told us he could use a good bath and asked if I wanted to help bathe him. I've never helped with his sponge baths, so I was excited! This was to be his first bath in a tub of water!

Joy's job was to hold him up; my job was to scrub him down. Notice that his right leg is wrapped in a towel and outside the tub. That is because his still has a Pic-Line in for his IV fluids. We didn't want that to get wet.

"Ohhhh. I LIKE this! I think I'll just hang out for awhile and rest. Is thia what it's like when people go hang out at the beach? Too bad there's no sun in here, but those lights up there are keeping me warm."

Jayden LOVED his bath. He just relaxed and his oxygen saturation actually improved! I scrubbed him down. He reminded me of a purring cat, he was so content!

"Oh, no! Is it all done? Scrub me some more!"

All clean and dressed again! Success!!! It was a wonderful experience to bathe our son. Can't wait for the next time!
6 comments:
How fortunate you are - - - they don't ALWAYS love their first tub bath!!!!
I love you so much sister-in-law you are a wonderful woman.
hiciste un buen trabajo con Jayden y el se ve muy guapo.
con amor Cathy Tejeda
Hi Betsy, What a great blog entry. You seem so joyful and baby Jayden is looking fantastic! God is good. We will keep praying that he continues to improve and the problems decrease each day! All our love from SCCLC!
Jeanie
I'm hopeful he'll enjoy the water and be a great swimmer, Keetha!
I love you, too, Cathy. Gracias por tus oraciones por nuestro hijo y por tus palabras de vida y animo. Seguimos orando, okay?
Thanks, Jeanie, for your continued prayers. Jayden looks better each time we visit him, but he still has a long way to go. We praise God for each day!
Post a Comment