Hello, Friends,
I hope you had a Merry Christmas! We had my whole family here -- my parents, my 2 brothers, my sister-in-law, my sister, my nephew, and several aunts and uncles! Our little home was full. It was a special time for all of us. It was the first Christmas we have spent together since I left for Bolivia 5 years ago.
Gerson and I went to the hospital to visit Jayden on Christmas Day. My mother also went, along with my older brother Peter. We didn't want Jayden to spend his first Christmas alone!
This is going to be a short blog --- we just got our internet at our house running today so I have a lot to catch up on! Since now I have access again, I'll once again be more consistent in keeping up the blog. Just so you know, Gerson and I have now officially moved back to Marion and are living in our home on the Pioneer Faith Evangelical Church property. We are making the drive to Indy to see Jayden every several days.
Please continue to pray for us and Jayden. We are weary physically and continue to be emotionally drained. I am mostly updating this blog to request prayer once again specifically for Jayden. He continues to puzzle the doctors and they continue to run tests on him. Tomorrow they will be doing a procedure on him at 8:00 that the doctors believe is necessary. Jayden continues to have problems with his breathing/heart rate dropping at various times and there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation. Therefore, tomorrow the doctors are going to be doing a lungoscopy, which involves antestesia (not sure about spellings on these medical terms) and having a scope put through his nose into his lungs.
There are several risks involved in this procedure ---- going under antestesia, severe bleeding, and possible infection afterwards. Please pray for the doctor who will perform the procedure and pray that there are no complications. Pray for Jayden to have the strength for it as well. He's been through so much. They are giving him a blood transfusion tonight to boost his hemoglobin levels to reduce the risk of internal bleeding.
Gerson and I will be driving down really early tomorrow morning to be in the hospital during the procedure. Pray for peace for us.
Thank you. We'll keep you posted.

3 comments:
I'm glad to hear you are settled into your own little place here in Marion!!!
I'm sorry to hear that Jayden is still having difficulties.
Praying for your precious Jayden.
Praying for you & Gerson.
Thank you for the updates. We understand when you don't post, that you are busy. You have a lot on your plate right now.
Hugs to you.
Love,
Jackie
We are praying for Jayden today especially. May the Lord heal and strengthen your beautiful little boy! We love you!
Betsy for the Phillips
Post a Comment