Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Biospsy Scheduled

As you've probably noticed, I don't write a new post every day. If you don't see a new post, it's usually because there's nothing new to report. When I get new information, I usually write to update you and tell you what I know.

Yesterday I was told that the surgeons weren't going to do the rectal biopsy on Jayden until he grew some more. The doctor decided to have have the nurses give Jayden my milk again and see what would happen. They started his feedings again yesterday afternoon and when I left, all was well.

This morning when I went in, the nurse informed me that the surgeons had decided to go ahead and schedule the biospy for tomorrow (Thursday) morning. Jayden had done a great job of keeping the milk down, but he wasn't having bowel movements.

Please pray for Jayden, Mommy, Daddy, and the doctors tomorrow morning as he has the rectal biopsy done. Basically, they will take tissue from his intestine to see if he has the nerves and muscles necessary to digest and push food through his digestive system. We won't get the results back for several days (possibly a week!).

I'm having a hard time knowing HOW to ask you to pray. If the biopsy shows he is missing nerves/muscles, he will likely have to have surgery but at least we will know what the problem is and the doctors should be able to fix it. However, having surgery always has risks and the recovery may take awhile. If the biopsy doesn't show any abnormalities, that would be good in that he wouldn't have to undergo surgery (at least at this point), but we would be back to square one as far as figuring out what the problem is with his digestive system. So, I'm a little befuddled as far as how I want all of this to turn out. I guess pray for widsom for the doctors, peace for Gerson and me as we wait, and that God will continue to heal Jayden's body -- either supernaturally or through the doctors.

Once again, thank you for praying. We sense the Lord's hand upholding us in these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sra Tejada, estamos orando por ustedes, por la salud de su Bebe, pedimos a Dios fortaleza para usted, sabiduria para los medicos . nuestro carino, Cesar, Lizette, Cesar eduardo y Clara Flores.

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy,

Thansk for the update. I am sorry for the lack of decision and direction. It must be very difficult to wait and then wait some more. He sure is a cute little guy and seems strong. We will keep praying. We all love and miss you.

Jeanie B. (for all your SCCLC friends)

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks to all of you at SCCLC for your prayers, words of encouragement, and love. I miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, Tim and I would like to come see you, email me and let us know of some times and days - we'll check our schedules and see what we can do - love you and miss you - the Kline's