I'm excited to let you all know I have good news to share with you today. My OB doctor called me today and told me that my lab results came back NEGATIVE!! Praise the Lord! That was one of the specific requests I had asked you to pray for! God answered! My doctor went on to say that I may have to continue to have the labs done every few weeks just to make sure I haven't picked up a virus recently, but it's fantastic news that the initial tests have come back negative.
In other news, Gerson still has not received a call from the embassy. We are both getting tired of waiting; we just want to be together again. I wrote to Senator Lugar's office again on Wednesday, asking for help for a speedy interview date. I called his office today to confirm that my email arrived but was unable to talk to my contact person. So, I am waiting for email confirmation that my email arrived! It's a crazy world in which we live!
Overall, Gerson and I are both doing better emotionally. We have our ups and downs, but we can really sense the prayers of God's people. This morning when I called Gerson with the good news about the lab results, he shared with me a promise from God's Word that I'd like to share with you. Now, one thing about being bilingual is that some things you like better in one language and some you like better in another language. This promise is especially beautiful in Spanish, so I'm going to write it in Spanish first and then in English. May it encourage your heart today as you remember what an awesome God we serve!
CON TREMENDAS COSAS NOS RESPONDERAS TU EN JUSTICIA, OH DIOS DE NUESTRA SALVACION, ESPERANZA DE TODOS LOS TERMINOS DE LA TIERRA, Y DE LOS MAS REMOTOS CONFINES DEL MAR. SALMOS 65:5
YOU ANSWER US WITH AWESOME DEEDS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, O GOD OUR SAVIOR, THE HOPE OF THE ENDS OF THE EARTH AND OF THE FARTHEST SEAS. . . PSALM 65:5
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
AWWW Betsy I am so glad that the results came back negative. I, on the other hand have horribly bad news. Tiffany is home sick today. She has been up all nite long with the flu. I was going to call you this morning, but i didn't save the number you called from. I am so sorry, but motherhood calls today. next week? i can come up monday after class. i get out at noon and don't have to work til 4 so we would have a few hours. lunch....on me! call me later.
I called and left you a message, Amanda. Hopefully you get it!!! I think Monday will work fine for me, so let's plan on that. I'll try to call you on Monday AM to confirm that it will work. Hopefully you won't be down sick!!! Have a great weekend.
Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!!!!
GREAT news!!!
I'm still praying for Gerson to get here soon! Everytime I think of you, that's what I pray for!
Thanks, Keetha and Keri, for your prayers and for rejoicing with me!
Post a Comment