Friday, September 12, 2008

Bed Ridden But BLESSED!

Hello Gerson and Betsy´s friends and family,

My name is Andrea. Nice to meet you. I am Betsy´s secretary.

Betsy started having pains on Tuesday night (Sept 9). Wednesday morning she called her doctor. Her doctor was not able to see her until Wednesday afternoon so told her to stay in bed. At noon she went to the doctor and her doctor was able to diagnose her pains as contractions and admitted her to the hospital. She was put on complete bed rest in the hospital. Gerson stayed with her each night at the hospital- (Oh what a wonderful husband). They had wonderful nurses and very good food. Friday she was able to come home, but is still on complete bed rest except to use the restroom until Sunday.

Baby Tejeda is doing fine and has a very strong heartbeat and is very restless (Signs of a very intellegent baby-Watch out ma and pa Tejeda). Betsy and Gerson are very thankful as there were many bad things that could have happened, but didn't. God is GREAT! On Tuesday (September 16) she will be 24 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betsy will update you when she is able to get out of bed. Please pray for her and Baby Tejeda that the last several months will go smoothly without any complications.

~Andrea
(for Betsy, Gerson and Baby Tejeda)!

14 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Betsy!!!!! What a scare. Mama Keetha says STAY IN YOUR BED!!! Every day you can keep little baby Tejeda in his warm, cozy home the better his chances.

Thanks to your secretary for updating all of us.

Gerson & Betsy said...

Hi Keetha Cathy mi sister in-law is respondig since I am been a good girl and lying on the couch.Today I feel better no pain.
Thanks for your words of wisdom and praice.

Vickie said...

Praying for you Betsy! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're home. I heard through Ann that you were in the clinic. Am praying for you and baby and Gerson.

Love & prayers,

Cathlene

Keetha Broyles said...

So - - - are you catching any college football while you're in that bed???

;-)

Keren said...

Bets,

Take care of yourself. I can't wait to meet little Tejeda. I'm praying for you and Gerson.

Love
Keren

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks for all your words of encouragement and prayers. So far, no more contractions, praise the Lord! I´m still taking it easy, though.

Keetha, no I haven´t been watching football!!! I haven´t seen any games being aired on our cable. I´ll keep my eyes peeled!

Keri said...

Betsy! I;m thinking of you and praying!! HUGS

Keetha Broyles said...

I keep checking in for a report - - - - - - - - - -

Hoping no news means you are staying in bed and doing well.

Melissa said...

Hey Bets,
So sorry to hear of your distressing circumstances. I'm praying for all three of you today.
I'm finally checking your blog. I had lost the email link and accidentaly ran across it today. I've been wondering if you have skype? We recently got it and it would be fun to skype you sometime if you do. Love Ya! Melissa Walda

Megan said...

Congratulations - A little belated, but nonetheless! I didn't know that you were expecting! Take 'Mama Keetha' and the Doctor's advice - stay in bed. In my studies now I'm actually learning/reading about birth (Child Development). So that's really cool timing!

Side note: I'm having a really difficult time figuring out how to address you - I've just always known you as 'Miss Bennett' and it's hard to change.

Emily Barlow said...

Hi Betsy - Just wanted you to have my address and phone number in case you needed anything. I love you and am sharing you and Gerson with all my prayer warriors! Anyway - the address is 13820 N. Layton Mills Ct. Camby, IN 46113 and my phone is 317 821 1429. Love you, friend!

Keetha Broyles said...

Andrea, could you come back on here and give us an update on how Betsy and unborn-baby-Tejeda are doing???

Gerson & Betsy said...

Megan, PLEASE call me Betsy! :)