Notice that although there is a beautiful pool in the background, Gerson and I have long sleeves on! Although the temperature continued to rise during the week, I never could convince myself to get into the chilly water! Instead, I spent my free time reading and playing games with friends. Gerson spent his free time playing beach volleyball. Cathy spent her free time resting, trying to recuperate for the next session with the kids!
During some of our free time, we played the Wi (Is that how you spell it?). Our friend, Miriam, brought one from the States. Gerson and I had been introduced to the Wi when we were in the States visiting my high school friends in January. It was fun to be able to play again! I have to admit, I'm still not very good!
Gerson built up a fan club with the younger missionary kids (MKs). They all love him! In the background is a small pond with paddleboats. We went paddleboating once during the week. The thing that surprised me the most was the goldfish that was about a foot long! (I kid you not!)Incredible!
See? Even the little girls love him! I didn't get a picture of him with Danielle Newman, but one day he was giving her an especially hard time -- teasing her without mercy. Instead of getting upset, she looked at him and said, "Get down here!" and pulled his head down and gave him a huge kiss on the cheek! I think he was speechless for about 2 seconds! I laughed and told Danielle she is one of the only ladies I allow to kiss Gerson!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Let the fun begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I don't know for sure, not being a gamer myself - - - but the way I see it spelled on blogs is Wii.
What I can see of the resort is beautiful. I LOVE the thatched roofs and the pool that I can see in the background. The meeting room looks beautiful.
Yeah, you are right - the spelling is Wii. I should probably go back and change that!
As far as the resort -- it IS beautiful! I was sad we didn't get pictures of the cabin we stayed in. This is where Gerson spent 1/2 of our honeymoon as well, so that place is special to us.
It looks like no one is there but your group.
Why is Gerson wearing a doggy bone around his neck?
We weren´t the ONLY ones, but since it´s winter here, it is the off-season. By Friday when we left, quite a few people were arriving for the weekend.
About the doggy bone. . . I have to tell you, your question makes me laugh. Gerson is SUPER proud of that bone. Why? It's his pen for taking note! He loves it! And, it goes around his neck so he never loses it! Isn't that funny?
Well, if you remember, I wear my pen around my neck at school ALL THE TIME - - - to not lose it and to not let students STEAL it!!!!
BTW - - - I saw "our" buddy Poncho yesterday at La Char. Diane and I went there for lunch. He said to tell his "buddy" hi - - - that's Gerson
Aww. I´ll have to tell Gerson he has a friend still at La Char. I´m just sad I wasn´t with you and Diane! Soon!!!
About the pen, Gerson doesn´t worry about anyone stealing it! It´s more of a way to keep track of it and always have it handy!
Post a Comment