
For Christmas 2011, we were so blessed to be with the entire Bennett family! Because of my pregnancy, my whole family decided to come to Texas to spend the holidays with US. We decided to all go to South Padre Island to spend a week together.

Mom and Dad came from southern Illinois. They came by land and arrived a week in advance to help with the cooking, since we rented 2 condos and saved money by fixing all our own meals. We, of course, had to have all the fixings for Christmas day, plus all the sweet treats associated with Christmas! I was glad to have Mom's help in cooking and grocery shopping before we headed to the Island.

My older brother, Peter, came from Beaumont, Texas, which is fairly close to Houston. He lives close enough to us now that we hope to get up there to visit him once in awhile.

My Aunt Betsy (after whom I'm named), my mom's youngest sister, and Uncle Rick came all the way from Tallahassee, Florida. They drove their huge motor home. When we needed items that we had forgotten to pack (mostly kitchen things for cooking), Aunt Betsy often came to our rescue by having just what we needed in her "home away from home!"

My younger brother, Andy, and his wife, Elissa, and their two kids, Joshua and John, came all the way from Milwalkee, Wisconsin. They flew down, since that would have been a LONG road trip! It was fun to see the cousins together.

Then, of course, there was our family. We only had about an hour and half drive to reach our Christmas destination!

My younger sister, Jamie, also joined us from Fort Wayne, Indiana (on right). She flew as well and was able to stay an extra day at our house after everyone went home. It was great to spend some extra, one-on-one time with her.

Are we blessed or what? What a terrific time we had, and what an incredible family I have to readjust their holidays so we could all be together and I didn't have to travel far this far into my pregnancy! We thank the Lord for the memories that were made and the time we got to spend together.
9 comments:
Somehow Missed that you're expecting. Congratulations!
What a blessing that everyone was able to travel your way!! Also, what a blessing to pass the Christmas season on the beach! HAHA. I did my fair share of sweating on Christmas, but I was in Cambodia. haha
Oh, it looks like it was a GREAT time!
I can't believe it, but I actually see some of YOU in some of those pictures of Jayden!
Deven, I've already had my baby -- a boy. I just have to get caught up on posting!!!!!
Jewel, I think you were sweating more than I was! It wasn't that hot down here, unfortunately.
Keetha, you see ME in Jayden? That's a first! Everyone thinks he looks/acts like everyone MINUS me!
Keetha --- I forgot to say EXCEPT for how Jayden walks. Gerson says he walks like I do. Poor kid.
I think it's the smile, Betsy! - - - the the shape of the lower part of his face WITH the smile.
I'm so glad to see you are starting to post on your blog!! I've given up facebook for a time so I have missed your smiling faces. Can't wait to see pictures of little brother.
Post a Comment