
Several months ago I posted about Gerson and me going to Olney, Illinois, my birth place and the home to the white squirrels. We looked high and low, but never saw a white squirrel. We were back in the Olney area on our anniversary in May. After having lunch together, Gerson and I decided to head back to the White Squirrel park in Olney and search again for the white squirrels. (If you look at the photo above, you'll see the sign about the white squirrels in the background! I'm telling you, they DO exist!)

We returned to White Squirrel Drive. We looked high. We looked low. We looked in trees. We looked under the bridge. We looked EVERYWHERE!

A couple times we spotted white things in the distance and hoped beyond hope that it was a squirrel. Alas! It was not to be. We saw white plants, white trash, white flowers, but NO white squirrels.

Of course, at one point Gerson said he spotted a white squirrel on the playground, but it was just me! :)

We did spot several squirrels, but they were either brown or gray. No white ones. We finally gave up and decided to go eat ice cream. Either the white squirrels are extinct or they go into hiding when they hear we are coming!
2 comments:
Funny, Betsy!!! I think you learned your blogging skilz from moi!
(That's French for me in case you Espaniols can't read it!)
Yup - learn from the best, I always say! I thought you'd be proud of this poist, Keetha. :) How's Wisconsin?
Post a Comment