Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nurse Joy

Several weeks ago, Jayden had a doctor's appointment in Indianapolis. We were able to make arrangements to go by and visit Nurse Joy on that same day after his appointment. Nurse Joy was Jayden's main nurse while he was in the NICU. She met him when he was a week old and promptly decided he was going to be her primary patient! We thank God for Nurse Joy; He used her to bring healing to Jayden's body. She is an AMAZING nurse! It was so much fun to see them together again, and she was thrilled to see his progress.
Just for fun, I threw in this picture. Nurse Joy wanted Jayden to crawl to her, however he didn't feel so inclined. Gerson had the idea of putting the remote control in front of Joy to lure Jayden over to her. Sure enough, it worked! As you can see, he crawled over to her and picked up the remote control triumphantly. That's our boy!
Joy, it was so good to see you again. Each time we see Jayden do something new, we are again amazed at his progress. Thanks for YOUR part in making it possible for him to come home and for giving him such good care in the hospital. God truly used you to help our son. Thanks for rising to that 4 1/2 month challenge, loving him, and never giving up on him! We love you. We need to get together again before too long.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Que bebeton mas hermoso...Jayden y su enfermera Joy.

Gerson & Betsy said...

Siiiii! :)

Vickie said...

Jayden looks so happy to be reunited with Joy!

Karen Thompson said...

I enjoy reading your blog! - noticed I didn't have an email address, - I thought to you today when I was reading a copyright artcle. Also didn't know if you'd ever listened to what we recorded that day in Buffalo.
http://web.me.com/kthompso/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html
Hugs!

Keetha Broyles said...

So cool that Nurse Joy keeps in touch with you and Jayden. I feel so HONORED that I actually met her live and in person in Jayden's hospital room!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Hi Karen! We looked for the website to listen, but never we able to find it. Thanks! I'll have Gerson look that up when he gets home.