Monday, August 17, 2009

Home Going

In late July, Gerson, Jayden and I traveled to Illinois to visit my Grandpa Gail Bennett. Dad had also travled from Florida to visit with his dad. It was the first time since Jayden was born that we were all together --- 4 generations!

We were unable to stay long as we were just passing through the area on our way home from one of our meetings. However, I knew that Grandpa was fading fast and I wanted to be sure to see him one more time before the Lord called him home. I was able to hug him, kiss him on the cheek, and tell him that I love him. He got to see his great grandson again. He also got to hug Gerson one more time.

I had a feeling when we left that I wouldn't see Grandpa again this side of Heaven. I was right. Dad called us yesterday and told us Grandpa passsed away on Sunday morning at 11:00. I am thankful that my dad was with him when he died, and he had spent several special days with Grandpa prior to that. What precious times for my dad!

The viewing will be tomorrow and the funeral will be on Wednesday. Please pray for us as we travel again. We are tired from all our travels and have had more days away from home this month than at home. It's starting to catch up with us! Also pray for my dad as he is the only child and having to make a lot of decisions.

As much as we will miss Grandmpa, we are praising the Lord that Grandpa is reunited with Grandma and in the presence of his Savior!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

I'm sorry about your granddad; cherish that picture! So glad you could see him one last time.

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks, Jewel!