Another friend of my mommy, Keetha, came to visit me as well, but Mommy forgot to take a picture with her camera. We'll have to ask Keetha for a copy from HER camera and get her picture on here soon. What am I supposed to call you, Keetha? I can't remember!
Daddy has been learning how to take care of me. He has changed my diapers, fed me, cleaned around my G-tube, etc. He's learning fast! Nurse Joy put him to work today and he rose to the challenge! Mommy and Daddy will have a 24 hour stay in the parents' room in the hospital on Thursday. They will have to take over all my care without any help from the nurses. I think their MIGHT be a panic button or something in there in case they need help or have questions, but it's kind of a trial run for them before they take me home. I'm looking forward to bonding more with them during that time.
Everyone is happy with my progress. My therapists are thrilled with how my fine motor skills are improving. I like my rattles and have begun to reach for them. I really like my soccer rattle.
Please pray that all the details fall into place for me to go home by Saturday. Although I'm going to miss my nurses and doctors A LOT, I'm ready to wave goodbye to my room and trade it in for a home. Pray for Mommy and Daddy as they take over my care. I hope to be waving to your from home soon!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
4 Days and Counting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
So great! I've been following, but I don't usually comment. Glad you're making it home.
Jayden I'm so happy for you!! You're going to love your new home! I can't wait to meet you there!
Thanks, Deven, for following Jayden's story. Glad you left a comment this time!
Yes, Jewel, we expect a visit when we get to Marion! Looking forward to seeing you!
If you want a picture, go to my blog, right click on the picture, then click on "save as" then select the file where you want the picture to go, click save - - - and voila!
I am sooooo glad for you and Gerson - both of you will be great parents - love you guys! Nancy (Nana)
I am so Happy for you guys! I am sure you will do great Thursday and won't even need to find that "panic button." We will continue to pray for you three all the same.
Way to go, Jayden! I know Mommy and Daddy can't wait to take you home...you're not even going to MISS your nurses (although Mommy and Daddy might!) tee hee =0)
Keep the great pictures coming. I love being able to see Jayden without all the O2 tubes, etc.
Lori for Rick & Kaylynn, too
Gerson and Betsy
Adam and I just wanted to let you know that we have been following Jayden's progress and have been thinking and praying for you. We are so happy that he will be coming home soon.
Adam and Courtney
Calie and Cora
Morris
morrismission@yahoo.com
P.S. The girls have liked looking at the pictures of the baby.
Look at him with nothing attached! Sharon H. told us about Jayden coming home this weekend in our departmental prayer... I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet your little guy!
What wonderful news!
Brooke
hi betsy and gerson,
i have been following your blog and emails from andy & elissa--i am elissa's friend from way back when. :) i'm so excited for you to be able to take your little man home! he is just beautiful and looks SO big now! i'm an early intervention/early childhood physical therapist, and i just wanted to stick my nose in and ask you to tell your social worker/care coordinator to make SURE you are referred to your local early intervention program on discharge! they can provide home therapies for jayden as he needs them. sometimes the EI referral falls through the cracks with all the other details, and i wanted to make sure you guys got hooked up right away. since jayden is on a g-tube, he will qualify for services in adaptive skills (self-help, i.e. feeding and self-regulation at this point!). again...so excited for you!!!!! what a beautiful boy!
:) liz ruckh
Gerson y Betsy, estamos tan felices junto con ustedes al saber que pronto lo llevan a Jayden a casa! Leemos su blog muy seguido y oramos por Uds. Cada vez que leo algo nuevo y veo como Dios esta obrando, me caen lagrimas. Sabemos que tendran un lindo dia alli con Jayden, las 24 horas! Seguiremos orando. Dios te siga bendiciendo, Jayden!
Debbie - de parte de todos nosotros!
congrats!!! will miss seeing you three all the time!
-Betty
Wow! Thanks everyone for your prayers, encouragement, and comments. I didn't even know that some of you have been following our blog! You've been silent in the comment section, but thanks for praying for our son. He is signed up to receive therapy through First Steps, Liz. Thanks for looking out for us! We'll be sure to follow through and make sure it happens so he can get extra help as he develops. We appreciate each of you!
Post a Comment