Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reunited!!!!

At 7:30 last night, Gerson and I were reunited in Indy Airport!!!!! Of course, this was AFTER Liz and I waited at the wrong gate for him. We didn't see his flight on the information board, and that should have been our first clue. Of course, I got all worried that something was wrong, but Liz, logical that she is, decided to go ask about the flight at the US Air ticket counter. Smart gal. She came rushing back and told me we were on the wrong side of the airport and needed to go to terminal D.

So, off we went, hurrying as fast as we could. How bad would it be if I weren't there to greet Gerson as he walked through his gate? I didn't want to imagine that, so by the time we got to D, I was pretty winded. Thankfully, we made it (by just a few minutes) in time to see my handsome husband coming walking in!!! It was a beautiful reunion!!! We hadn't seen each other for 6 weeks and 2 days! (I don't recommend that to any of you married couples!)

The irony --- Gerson made it through Miami and Charlotte airports by himself without getting lost. What did his wife do? She "got lost" in Indy Airport trying to pick him up! I have to chuckle at myself sometimes. Could it be pregnancy brain?

Today we went to my OB doctor together, and it was wonderful to finally have him by my side as we discussed Baby Tejeda. We had a good appointment overall. The doctor was supportive of us not wanting to do an amno unless further in the pregnancy other things come up. He did tell us that he would be really excited if the baby made it to 37 weeks before being born. Having said that, I guess this Christmas may be Baby's first Christmas after all!

Gerson and I cannot begin to tell you how much your support and prayers have meant to us through the last 6-7 weeks. We have felt upheld by the Lord and by His people. We will continue to give you updates on the blog as regularly as possible --- especially concerning the baby. Keep tuning in to see how God contines to work in our lives through YOUR prayers!

12 comments:

Keren said...

Oh, Bets, I'm so so glad. What an exciting time for you and Gerson.

Love
Keren

Keri said...

This is so wonderful!!!!

SHAME ON YOU FOR RUNNING!!! Betsy! You want that baby to stay INSIDE you as long as possible! Running is not the way to do that! LOL!

Again I'm lecturing, sorry.

Keetha Broyles said...

Glad, glad, glad!!!

Jackie said...

GREAT NEWS !
So glad you 2 are re-united !

Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad you two are together! Maybe when we´re there in January we can get together.

Chau for now!

Cathlene

Melissa said...

yahoo! So happy for you two (three)

Anonymous said...

Hey Betsy! We are so glad to know Gerson is now there with you! We can't wait to see you both when we are in Marion in December! We are praying for you (all three of you) every day!

Keetha Broyles said...

OK now little Miss Betsy - - - I've left you alone to reunite in PRIVATE long enough - - - - now I'm WATCHING for news from you!!!!!

We ate at La Char last night - - - did you? I'm GUESSING you are moved, or are moving over to our community about now???

Anonymous said...

Hey Betsy! I hope you are doing well we continue to pray for all three of you, but are extremely happy that you and Gerson are together during this time! Love ya Kim Miguel and the girls

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks for rejoicing with us! Keri, I didn't really RUN. It was more like power-walking! :)

Gerson & Betsy said...

Keetha, Gerson I were going to stop in to see you today (Monday) at Lakeview, but we were running behind. We may stop in sometime later this week. Be on the lookout!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks for all your prayers! We are enjoying being together again!!!!!!!!