Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Doctor's Appointment and Paperwork

It's time for another update, though this one should be shorter. Once again, thanks to everyone who is praying. Both Gerson and I feel the amazing support and love. We are truly blessed.

I am doing fine as is Baby Tejeda. He's a mover and a shaker! I am having some stomachaches, but they are different from contracions. We are all thinking that I have some problems with foods, so I am on a pretty strict bland diet. Last night I was up part of the night with a stomachache, but I woke up this morning feeling much better and my blood pressure was very good.

Tomorrow I will be going to see the OB doctor. I have all my lab work and medical history from Bolivia that I will be taking with me. Pray for wisdom as the doctor examines me and tries to figure out what is the best course of action for the next few months. Today is week 25, and we are so thankful for another week of him staying inside of me!

Gerson continues with paperwork. He has it all in hand but today is a holiday in Santa Cruz, so he can't mail it out until tomorrow. Pray the Embassy with process it quickly and that he will have an interview next week and be inssued a visa immediately. Also pray for the travel plans to come together for him.

His family spent yesterday at our apartment packing up our things. When we spoke by phone last night, he said they would be back today to continue on with the process. I'm glad he has family surrounding him and helping him! He also told me he was going over to some of our missionary friends' house to play games last night. Thanks, James and Jenny, for taking care of my hubby and giving him a great distraction with Settlers of Catan! Can't wait to hear how it went.

That's all I know for now. Keep praying!!!!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi Betsy....Jackie Carl, here.

I learned about your pregnancy difficulties from Lisa Adkins.
I have been checking your blog for your updates. Thank you for posting.

Please know that I am praying for you, for you hubby & for your precious little one. I will continue to pray & check in.

Sincerely,
Jackie Carl (Blake's Mom)

Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for this update!!! I'm waiting on "pins and needles" for each installment.

Keri said...

I'm thinking about you a lot!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Betsy!

Glad to hear that things are going well. I sure do miss you.

I was over at your house for a few minutes today and your family was working very hard!

Know that I think of you often and pray for your health, the health of the baby and Gerson's paperwork!

Love you tons!
~Andrea

Vickie said...

Betsy, Keetha informed me of this update! I had been checking your blog about once a week. We are praying for you guys! Please keep us posted as you can! You are loved!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Thanks for all your prayers and encouraging words!!! We appreciate each one of you!

Melissa said...

Hey Bets,

I noticed the comment about playing Settlers of Catan. We love that game. We'll have to get together and play when Gerson gets here. I'm praying for ya!
Melissa